Every live website is perpetually under construction. That’s just the nature of the medium. I have some ideas for enhancements and changes to my own site, some of which I may even get around to in the near future. Many of them can be accomplished through integrating various WordPress plugins, so it’s just a case of making the time to add them in and test/debug as needed. Here’s a partial list, in no particular order:
- Comment previewing: Been meaning to do this for a while.
- Highlighting my own comments: this seems trendy, and rightfully so. It’s a good idea.
- A “recommended” box and page: To showcase books, movies, music etc, that I like along with short reviews of each, linked to my Amazon Associates ID of course. Again, hardly an original idea but I like it just the same.
- Search term highlighting: for both inbound traffic from engines and results from onsite searches.
- Better 404 handling: My current 404 is just a static page with the full blog template around it, but I’d like to make it a bit lighter and friendlier. Mike’s recent article got me thinking, and I like the idea of automatically conducting a search based on the mistyped url.
- More pictures.
- Improved static pages: I’d like to use the FakedFolders plugin rather than the duplicate php files I’m using now.
- Better code display: I like how Dunstan does it.
- Hot Asian Porn.
Can hardly wait to see the referrer strings on that one.